A Little About Me

Hello my name is Jessica DeBose. I am from Gautier, Mississippi and I'm pursuing a career in elementary education. I plan to teach second grade specifically because I think they are the perfect age to learn from and to educate. I believe I entered this field because of my up coming in schools because of my grandma, aunt, and mother. I was basically raised in schools all of my life. I view this profession as a reward to help students become better in education and life. I had my first experience when I was around the age of thirteen with children. I volunteered at a summer camp and I have been working there ever since. Since I have been around children, I have grown to love it more and more everyday.

Why Teaching Chose Me...

I was born into this career as a little child because of where my mother, aunts, and grandmother stood in their life which were teachers. My wall in my room were like personal bulletin boards and I had my own school desk where I read my books from my personal library. I could not resist this career even though I tried to get away from it. Of course I tried all of the majors that were popular such as nursing and psychology and found out that they were not suitable for me. I came into realization too late in my opinion but I am glad I came to my senses. Children are not how they use to be in my opinion. They getting too attached to television and not to education. I want the children today to be educated so that they can educate my children and grandchildren. I want to be able to bring out the creativity and adventurous side to these children. I want it to be how it was for me when I was in school and that is fun.