A Little About Me

Hello my name is Jessica DeBose. I am from Gautier, Mississippi and I'm pursuing a career in elementary education. I plan to teach second grade specifically because I think they are the perfect age to learn from and to educate. I believe I entered this field because of my up coming in schools because of my grandma, aunt, and mother. I was basically raised in schools all of my life. I view this profession as a reward to help students become better in education and life. I had my first experience when I was around the age of thirteen with children. I volunteered at a summer camp and I have been working there ever since. Since I have been around children, I have grown to love it more and more everyday.

Education is the Key

Being a teacher to me is just a job or something to get you by for a living. An educator is into his or her work. They view the career as a craft and take the job to heart. If we as educators do not take this job seriously then the next generation will be in trouble because of what we have done to our students as a whole. Children have clean slates that we need to fulfill. I think it is an honor to educate children. Children not only view us as educators but as role models as well. We have such an impact them and I want to make a great one because children soak in every single thing that we do. Learning is the main thing that children are doing the entire time in school and outside of school. It's our job to be the great leaders so that they some day can be one as well. Education is the best thing a child can gain.