A Little About Me

Hello my name is Jessica DeBose. I am from Gautier, Mississippi and I'm pursuing a career in elementary education. I plan to teach second grade specifically because I think they are the perfect age to learn from and to educate. I believe I entered this field because of my up coming in schools because of my grandma, aunt, and mother. I was basically raised in schools all of my life. I view this profession as a reward to help students become better in education and life. I had my first experience when I was around the age of thirteen with children. I volunteered at a summer camp and I have been working there ever since. Since I have been around children, I have grown to love it more and more everyday.

Being Technology Savvy In the Classroom

Technology as we all know has come a long way. I plan to take it farther for my students. I have noticed that children are learning more and more everyday with computers, phones, and other gadgets unknown of. On the other hand while I was taking EDM310, I noticed that students are not just learning the simple basic things on a computer. There is blogging, posting links, and podcasting that theses students are taking advantage of. I absolutely admire this in such a magnificent way. Children were doing things that I and my friends did not have a clue of. I personally am so appreciative for the EDM310 class because it has taught me so much and I plan to learn more. I want to be able to share and reach children from a different level if they have not been experiencing technology. I want to introduce podcasting and blogging specifically so that we can reach other classrooms in other countries. I plan to teach in an elementary school so that we can target the students early with technology. By doing so, they will enter the world more aware of how technology works