A Little About Me

Hello my name is Jessica DeBose. I am from Gautier, Mississippi and I'm pursuing a career in elementary education. I plan to teach second grade specifically because I think they are the perfect age to learn from and to educate. I believe I entered this field because of my up coming in schools because of my grandma, aunt, and mother. I was basically raised in schools all of my life. I view this profession as a reward to help students become better in education and life. I had my first experience when I was around the age of thirteen with children. I volunteered at a summer camp and I have been working there ever since. Since I have been around children, I have grown to love it more and more everyday.

My Teaching Philosophy

Education is Harmony


Education is an agreement of elements that help us to learn. Not only just the students, teachers, or principal is being educated; but everyone as a whole is learning something new almost everyday. It could be an eye catching bulletin board that attracts a child or a teacher learning how to maneuver her way through an obstacle that makes us become a better component of learning. I see an entire school working as notes to make a beautiful sound of education. When a sound as such comes from the school, it stays at an all time high.

The energy can never be lost and incoming students who are kindergarten can feed off that energy.

With all of us learning everyday or almost everyday, we intake a learning experience from everything that we go through. Our math, social studies, science, and English is what we basically go to school for, but if we did not have the teachers, other student’s viewpoints, and bulletin boards I don’t think we could get far. Our technology also helps go forward as an advantage to our education for school education. There are so many attributes that help us to ascend to the next level. I vision these elements as notes. Harmony is our education that is built by these specific notes that takes us to a level of agreement.

My philosophy is not only about the teachers standing in front of a classroom and lecturing. My viewpoint of teaching is involving the entire school as a educator which is including everyone and everything.