A Little About Me

Hello my name is Jessica DeBose. I am from Gautier, Mississippi and I'm pursuing a career in elementary education. I plan to teach second grade specifically because I think they are the perfect age to learn from and to educate. I believe I entered this field because of my up coming in schools because of my grandma, aunt, and mother. I was basically raised in schools all of my life. I view this profession as a reward to help students become better in education and life. I had my first experience when I was around the age of thirteen with children. I volunteered at a summer camp and I have been working there ever since. Since I have been around children, I have grown to love it more and more everyday.

Getting Involved with the Community

I am a strong believer in helping the community. My mother has been a volunteer since I was born and that install so much into me that I volunteered at a summer camp at the age of twelve. I began as helper of the camp counselors and then eventually I began working there. I now volunteer in Mobile helping children with an extracurricular activity which is stepping. I plan to install this great deed into my students. I will not pressure them to help but at least show them that it builds character. When christmas is to come around we can help donate towards the children who need more than want. There are several out there to donate towards such as the Little Tree. The Little Tree is a school where autism children attend. I think it will be nice for children to realize that there are children in the world who do not have as much as others. I basically want to get my children involved in the community. When children are helping in any fashion, form, or way; it makes them feel as if they have significance and that's what I want to install for the better of themselves.